Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Celebrate the NEW YEAR


I love a Brand New Year!!!   I love the holidays, but unlike most who love Christmas - - I think my very favorite is to start a brand new YEAR!!  Maybe it is the new clean slate, new calendar pages, new Journal, fresh start, resolutions-- not sure why, but it is always a fun time for me.  I think of Time as such an important gift to each of us, so this project to be posted on New Years Eve is all about Time.  It's time to Celebrate!
I used the clock elements from this collection to create these layers.   The base of this card is ivory card stock and next is a layer of blue diamond from the Mad Tea Party collection.  I added the layers with foam squares to lift the shapes and added a little Stickles Glitter to create pretty shine! 

Using Coredinations Cardstock, I made a textured background for my card.  It was pushed thru my Cuttlebug and sanded to bring out the clocks.  This background is layered on top of the Mad Tea Party diamond paper.  The edges of the sanded card stock is torn and makes a darker edge along the right side of this card. 



Here's a closeup of all the elements.  I cut out lots of clocks from the Mad Tea Party papers and used stickers for the word Time.  The 2 is a chipboard number and I stamped the Celebrate with Marion's Alphabet stamps.   You will also see I added some jute string for fun texture. 

Hope you all enjoy a very blessed New Year and Celebrate every single Minute of 2014!! 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe! 
Colette 







4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the color choice and all the different clock elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colette what a lovely project....wishing you a Happy New Year for 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Marion!! :o) Happy New Year. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love the embossed clocks. So. Cute.

    ReplyDelete