Thursday, September 4, 2014

Biker Chick Layout by Angela Carter


I've learned so many things as a wife these past 3 years. It was the one area of my life that I was concerned the most that I wouldn't be very good at since I didn't grow up seeing my mom fulfill that role. One of the teachings I hold dear is that to be supportive you don't always have to agree and sometimes you need to disagree quietly instead of with a roar. 

When my husband told me he wanted to buy a motorcycle I was instantly against the idea. No, Nope, Absolutely not, is what I mind said. My actual reply is, "Tell me more about that." I'm a fast learner. 



Over the next few weeks packages arrived containing motorcycle jackets, gloves, boots, and other things. My husband looked like a kid waking up on Christmas morning every time our favorite delivery guy showed up. The more we talked the more my worries subsided until one day Dear Hubs asked me to try on his motorcycle helmut. From that moment on, I became a biker chick. My next question was, "Does it come in pink?"


From sequins, to hand stitching, to wood veneer and washi tape, this layout includes everything that I love about paper-crafting. It was easy, quick, and with the use of the pocket scrapbooking cards (which covered up a multitude of crafting sins) I think it turned out quite well. 

Secret Cover-up: I'm not a huge fan of my handwriting but I typically like it. That left 4x6 journaling card covered up a serious white-gel-pen-handwriting-catastrophe! Thank goodness for my huge collection of journaling cards it was an easy fix.

Thanks for stopping by.

Angela

Marion Smith Designs Supplies Used
Nirvana Collection: Family Record Patterned Paper
Motley Collection: Collage Patterned Paper

1 comment: