Monday, November 24, 2014

Garment District Wire Heart by Erica Houghton

Happy Monday! Today I’m sharing an off the page project; I altered a wire heart by Darice using the Garment District Collection by Marion Smith Designs.

This is what the wire heart looked like originally...



And, this is what it looks like now!


I simply traced the heart onto two sheets (it's slightly larger than 12 x 12) of Garment District pattern paper. I cut it out; inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink and then adhered the paper to the wood, heart shaped frame.


To embellish the heart shaped frame, I fussy cut elements from the Garment District Collection, added flowers and finished it with two bows.



Paper
Manor House Creations, Prima Marketing & Recollections – flowers
Celebrate It – ribbon

Adhesives
Crafty Power Tape – 81’

Products
Darice – wire heart
Tim Holtz – distress ink

Thanks for looking!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment